The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the demand for virtual health services whereby providers see patients via computer or mobile device. Telescope Health realized interoperable, customizable technology is critical to both meet and improve virtual care delivery for patients, providers, and staff.
While initially focused on SaaS offerings for primary care and acute care services, Telescope Health sought a customized solution that consolidated disparate services into a centralized platform. More specifically, Telescope Health looked to:
- Reduce duplicative data entry between systems and manual accounting processes
- Streamline medication management
- Customization of non-consumer workflows
- Increase access to health care services by enabling virtual care delivery
Telescope Health approached SourceFuse to develop a customized solution that would consolidate their services into a centralized platform. The platform would allow the organization to provide the best patient care. SourceFuse, the first and only AWS Healthcare Competency Consulting Partner in the Southeast, delivered a HIPAA compliant SaaS application, cloud-based solution to efficiently, effectively and securely move data across the healthcare ecosystem.
Not unlike other health care providers, Telescope Health was plagued by non-interoperable, vendor-driven infrastructure that was complicated to manage, cumbersome to maintain and failed to offer customization capabilities. The technology itself was becoming a barrier to both the cost and quality of care.
Major challenges faced by the Telescope Health, and often experienced by other providers, include:
- Inability for automated data sharing among systems, which hinders clinical and business decision-making.
- Lack of functionality to view and manage patient visits across multiple, white-labeled telemedicine services, requiring employees to log-in and manage multiple delivery systems.
- Requiring employees to use a consumer-focused platform for non-direct-to-consumer patient workflows.
- Failure to integrate with other systems to electronically share protected health information.
The first phase of any custom SaaS application build with SourceFuse consists of a 360° assessment of a client’s infrastructure, gaining an understanding of business objectives, and consultation on potential solutions. As the project progressed, the Telescope Health team began to envision a completely integrated, interoperable, multi-tenant SaaS virtual health application. The SaaS architecture leveraged the pooled isolation model for onboarding new tenants.
Solution Key Features
|Patient Portal||High-level Admin Portal||Client-Tenant Organization Portal|
|Appointments||X||X – Book, Reporting||X – Book, Reporting|
|Patient Call Queue||X||X|
|Working Hour reports||X||X|
|Application Management||User Management
Client Management Program Settings
Telemedicine Interaction Platform
SourceFuse provided Telescope Health with a reimagined telehealth SaaS platform leveraging AWS cloud native services that addressed the client’s key challenges and capitalized upon opportunities to improve the healthcare experience for both patients and providers.