Cloud computing is no more a far-fetched future plan for businesses, instead, it’s the need of the hour! And when we talk about cloud, Amazon Web Services is surely leading the space, facilitating a well-equipped, robust platform for businesses to host their application and data.
Many businesses are still skeptical of their security and compliance and often unsure if the cloud is the safest place to park their data. This is exactly where the concept of an AWS Landing Zone Accelerator comes into play, serving as a critical tool to simplify and expedite the process of setting up a secure and scalable cloud environment.
Defining AWS Landing Zone Accelerator
First, let’s break down the concept of AWS Landing Zone. It’s a set of AWS best practices and guidelines that help organizations set up a secure, compliant, and well-architected multi-account environment. It is used as the foundation for your cloud infrastructure enabling a business to scale and grow while adhering to AWS’s recommended security and compliance standards.
The Landing Zone Accelerator on AWS is an open-source project for accelerating the implementation of a business’s advanced compliance requirements in AWS. Its purpose is to facilitate continued development and management of secure multi-account, multi-region AWS systems.
Why AWS Landing Zone Accelerator?
- Automation: The landing zone accelerator automatically sets up a cloud environment which is appropriate for hosting secure workloads. Here the deployment can be done in all AWS regions, which in turn helps in maintaining consistency of operations and governance across AWS standard regions, AWS GovCloud (US), and other non-standard partitions in AWS.
- Speed of Deployment: One of the primary benefits of the Landing Zone Accelerator is the speed at which it allows organizations to establish a cloud infrastructure. Instead of spending weeks or even months configuring various AWS services, the accelerator can have your landing zone up and running in a matter of days. This rapid deployment is crucial for businesses that need to adapt quickly to market changes or capitalize on new opportunities.
- Security and Compliance: Security is paramount in the cloud. The AWS Landing Zone Accelerator adheres to AWS’s best practices for security and compliance. It establishes a well-structured, multi-account environment that segregates resources and enforces strict access controls. This means your organization can meet industry-specific compliance requirements more easily and with confidence.
- Cost Optimization: AWS Landing Zone Accelerator includes cost optimization features to help you manage your cloud spending effectively. It helps you implement cost monitoring and reporting mechanisms, making it easier to identify and eliminate unnecessary expenses. By ensuring your resources are used efficiently, you can maximize the return on your cloud investment.
- Scalability: AWS is known for its scalability, and the Landing Zone Accelerator leverages this aspect. It sets up a scalable architecture, allowing your organization to seamlessly grow and adapt to changing workloads. Whether you need to expand your infrastructure to meet increased demand or scale down during quieter periods, the accelerator can accommodate your needs.
- Operational Efficiency: Managing a cloud environment can be complex, but the Landing Zone Accelerator simplifies operations. It provides automation for tasks like user and account provisioning, which reduces the risk of human error and frees up your IT teams to focus on more strategic initiatives.
The SourceFuse Approach
An AWS Landing Zone Accelerator is a powerful tool that streamlines the process of establishing a secure, compliant, and efficient cloud infrastructure. It accelerates deployment, enhances security, optimizes costs, and promotes scalability and consistency. For businesses looking to harness the full potential of AWS while minimizing the complexity of setup and management, the AWS Landing Zone Accelerator is an invaluable asset on their cloud journey.
But where to start?
At SourceFuse, our approach involves setting up an enterprise-grade multi-account AWS infrastructure, with the core components of an application stack, in a matter of hours. We make this possible through ARC by SourceFuse, a first-of-its-kind open-source framework that offers enterprises a new way to reduce time-to-market for their cloud-native solutions.
Post LZA on AWS rollout, we developed additional ARC Infrastructure as Code (IaC) functionality which uses a collection of IaC modules to rapidly roll-out secure and scalable production environments.